Call for PhD applications 2017
– Call Closed –
Before you start completing the Online Application Form (below):
2. Please also take note of the mobility requirements.
3. Make sure you have the following documents ready as PDF, Word, or JPG:
- Copy passport (PDF or JPEG)
- PhD project proposal related to one of the 10 available projects, and according to the specific format.
- Motivation letter (PDF or Word)
- Copy of diploma/degree (PDF or JPEG)
- Two recommendation letters (JPEG or Word) (Important: These must have original signatures and contain the contact details of the referees)
- Certified (English-translated) transcript of study results
- Certified proof of language test results (i.e. TOEFL minimum score of 237 (computer based), 580 (paper-based) or 92-93 (internet-based) or IELTS minimal average score of 6.5 without any category below 6 (Important: please see our FAQ for more info on this)
Important: Please be aware that aplications that do not fulfill these requirements will be excluded from the selection process.
Furthermore, there are specific requirements for naming the above mentioned files (see application form):
– CV_Lastname_Firstname, e.g. CV_Einstein_Albert
– Passport_Lastname_Firstname, e.g. Passport_Einstein_Firstname
4. The deadline for submitting your application is 8th January 2017 at 23.59 (GMT+2) and any applications received thereafter will be excluded from the selection procedure
5. For the 2017 round, no positions are available outside the available 10 projects.
6. One of the requirements for your application is to write a brief project proposal (see required format here) specifically addressing one of the 10 projects. These projects are related to ongoing research that are being conducted by the full partner institutions of the programme and for which existing datasets at established field sites are available. This embeddedness of the studies in existing projects will make it possible for students to finish their PhD in the three-year fellowship period allotted to them under the EU Erasmus Mundus scholarship programme. The purpose of requesting that you submit a project proposal is primarily an exercise to aid the programme Steering Committee in the assessment of your writing skills, knowledge and ability to envisage the impact of translation on your chosen topic; your project proposal is part of the selection procedure and will be judged on its innovativeness, its inter-/transdisciplinary approach (though the emphasis can be on one discipline), scientific quality, and societal relevance. However, please note that if you are selected for a PhD position within this programme, this does not imply you will be able to execute the research project that you designed in your research proposal. The topic and overall design of your thesis is defined by your PhD supervising team, which consists of professors from at least two of the participating institutions in two different countries.
7. It is possible to to apply for two (or three) projects that spark your interest. Please note that you will have to submit a full and complete application for each project seperately.
8. After submitting the completed form you will receive a personal ID number. Please use this number in all subsequent correspondence with us. If you want to change your application, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. The information regarding your application will be used for application purposes only. By submitting an application, applicants agree to the fact that if they are proposed for a fellowship or put on the reserve list, their data may be used for the purposes of evaluating the Erasmus Mundus Programme and will be made available to the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency, the Erasmus Mundus National Structures, the EU Delegations and the Erasmus Mundus Doctoral candidate and Alumni Association (EMA), acting as stakeholders of the programme.
10. The Trans Global Health programme will only accept fully completed applications submitted using the online Application Form.
11. Some people experienced difficulties with submitting the application form and do not receive an application code and/or conformation mail. Please note, that we do not receive your application if you did not get a conformation mail. In this case, you have to upload the application form again. It seems that the solution is to use a different web browser (Firefox and Safari might cause difficulties), please use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome for your application.
12. For assistance or other questions (first see FAQs), please contact email@example.com