- Educate a new generation of global health scientists able to respond to emerging needs worldwide.
- Train a total of about 40 PhD candidates able to confront complex global health challenges using inter-/transdisciplinary research approaches.
- Strengthen existing cooperation between the consortium partners.
- Create synergies with the existing TropEd network.
- Launch a joint PhD programme in global health that will sustain itself beyond Erasmus Mundus.
- Exploit European capacities and resources to realise concerted action in global health.